All that remains of this little church is its fašade. The church of San Simeone Profeta, dedicated to Simeon the Righteous, who, upon meeting the Holy Family in the Temple, took the Infant Jesus in his arms and uttered the prayer Nunc dimittis, and gave a prophecy alluding to the Crucifixion. The church is mentioned in 1017 in the so-called Regesto Farfense (the register kept by Farfa Abbey), and in 1186 in a papal bull promulgated by Urban III. In 1551 San Simeone Profeta was established as a titular church; the title was suppressed in 1587.
In the middle of the 19th century the church was entrusted to the Archconfraternity of Saint Margaret of Cortona, who rededicated it to Santa Margherita. At the end of the 19th century
the church was closed, and after the collapse of the roof in 1929, the church was totally abandoned.